DUE NOV. 25th 2019!
Submissions Due By:
Meet Our 1st CAN2Dance Scholarship Recipient
The Annual CAN2Dance Scholarship
The CAN2Dance Scholarship was established in 2014, by J & J Hip Hop Dance Company, LLC
owners Joseph & Stephanie R. Cantu.
Its purpose is to provide a more in-depth performing arts training opportunity, leadership building, and financial support. We want to especially honor and celebrate J & J Hip Hop & Performing Art's exceptional students who demonstrate a genuine passion and growing skill for dance, performing arts, leadership, and have proven to overcome some of life's difficult challenges.
CAN2Dance Scholarship Estimated Value:
$1,500.00 - $3,000.00
Annum Per Student
1 Year (12 Consecutive Months)
Starts first week of January 2020, and ends last week of class in December 2020.
The CAN2Dance Scholarship is awarded annually to at least 1-2 select dancers who are currently enrolled and
actively taking classes with our company (J & J Hip Hop Dance & Performing Arts).
The scholarship winner is announced at our Annual J & J Hip Hop & Performing Arts Company Christmas & Awards Party.
What The Scholarship Provides:
-The scholarship offers the student to attend unlimited dance classes each week within their age and skill level.
*Student must attend at least 2 classes to assist with each week in addition to their regular class training.
- 4 - (30min) scheduled private sessions for the term of the scholarship.
- Allows the student to attend J & J Special Dance Events (J & J Workshops, Recitals/Showcases,
Christmas Banquet free of charge. Other events outside these events are the responsibility of the student.)
- Personalized 2020 Scholarship Award Plaque.
- A “Spotlight” performance in our 2020 J & J Hip Hop Dance Recital.
- A featured student article in our 2020 J & J Hip Hop Dance Recital Program.
- An exclusive “Featured Student” section on our JandJHipHopDance.com website for the year.
- Private luncheon for the recipient and 1 guest with J & J Hip Hop owners.
- Leadership growth and Dance / Performing Arts growth
- Gifts: J & J String Bag, Shirt or Hoodie, and J & J Car Decal
Do You Qualify?
- Applicant MUST BE 9yrs and older.
-You must currently, and actively, be enrolled as a student with J & J Hip Hop & Performing Arts Company.
- You should be currently, and have previously, been displaying excellent and consistent growth in the following areas in your classes:
- Strong Dance/Performing Arts technique & control
- Team work & genuine friendly overall character
- Positive attitude & highly motivational personality
-Natural leadership characteristics
- Quick pick up on choreography
- Great potential in personal dance / performing arts style and ability
- Exemplify outstanding performance, appeal, and overall stage presence
- Naturally an overall role model among your peers
- You should maintain proof of at least a “C” or 2.5 grade point average in school to retain your scholarship.
Additional Important Details:
You must fully complete the CAN2Dance Scholarship Application by November 25th, 2019, and provide as much detail / background about why you feel the student, or yourself (18 years or older), should receive this dance scholarship opportunity.
We are interested in the overall story and not just the student’s skill level. (Tell us about the student’s hardships, accomplishments, defeats, leadership, community impact, personal growth, fears, role model opportunities, etc.)
The CAN2Dance Scholarship is awarded based on merit (*As to the quality of being particularly good or worthy, especially so as to deserve praise or reward.), and not necessarily on financial need. We want to know about the dance student’s dreams and passions. We want to understand how the scholarship will benefit the dancer & company peers, and how their personal skill/art of dance / performing arts can impact the world in a positive and motivational way.
Candidates are selected by the owners (Joseph & Stephanie R. Cantu) on an objective and non-discriminatory basis, and consistent with the purpose of the CAN2Dance Scholarship Program. Criteria such as age, religion, race, ethnic group or sex/gender are not used in our selection process.
If Your Dance Student, or Self (18yrs or older) Has Interest In The Scholarship, Please Be Sure To Fully Complete The Application Below
For additional questions or concenrs, please feel free to contact us at:
719-418-5974 or send an email to